- Alexandra Rosenblatt represents children and families in the areas of special education, suspension and expulsion and guardianships, bringing with her a special kind of compassion for families facing challenges in their advocacy for their children.
- Prior to joining the Law Offices of Mark B. Martin, P.A., Ms. Rosenblatt worked at the Public Justice Center as a staff attorney representing workers in class action lawsuits when employers failed to pay minimum wage and overtime. Ms. Rosenblatt also engaged in legislative advocacy, drafting and testifying on a number of bills in both the Maryland House and Senate.
- In 2012, Ms. Rosenblatt’s daughter was born with Down syndrome, which changed the trajectory of her life both on a personal and professional level. Since then, she has been her daughter’s fiercest advocate, immersing herself in special education and disability law. She filed and prevailed in a complaint with the Maryland State Department of Education on behalf of her daughter and all similarly situated children, which created statewide policy changes. She also created a group for Baltimore City parents with children receiving special education services.
- Prior to moving to Baltimore, Ms. Rosenblatt practiced employment law in Hartford, Connecticut where she represented employees in high profile employment discrimination and wrongful termination litigation.
- Ms. Rosenblatt graduated with honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law. There, she was awarded a Public Interest Law Fellowship; was a Haywood Burns Fellow; and founded the student chapter of the National Lawyers Guild.
- Spanish — Ms. Rosenblatt has years of experience representing Spanish-speaking clients.